Our office has recently relocated to its original location that was previously under renovations and parking is a complete frustration. Since we are in a commercial vicinity there is rarely any available parking during the regular hours of the day and there is a daily race to find the few available spots. He who gets it is considered victorious!!
Honestly, I don’t care to be a part, nor do I intend to frustrate myself by circling the block in hopes of finding an unguarded parking spot so I have decided to use public transportation to commute. When I told my siblings this they laughed hysterically at me with much pity and tried to convince me otherwise. They said I wouldn’t last and I should reconsider my plans.
Having not wavered to their appeal, I am happy to say that this is my second week of commuting using public transportation. I decided to share the highs and lows with my colleagues only to learn that I was having bus blues because I was doing it wrong!
Here are 5 tips they shared with me:
- Take the bus that’s second in line to leave (to get a good seat and be less cramped between others) but not if you’re in a hurry.
- Always opt for the front seat once it´s available since you only share that space with one other person.
- Always have the exact fare to avoid being overcharged
- Avoid taking old buses- fancier buses are less likely to attract people with poor hygiene because they’re stricter about who they allow boarding.
- Always take your earphones with you (most public minibuses have the absolute worst music choice).
What tips would you share?